Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is going on?

So, after certain events this weekend, it's dawning on me just how serious this condition is.  I've gone now as far as finding a support group to help me cope.  The problem is...  Reading these people's experiences with myelofibrosis scares me.  Their lives seem so difficult.  Is this what I'm in store for?  Is this what I have to look forward to?

So much of my life is up in the air right now.  I don't know how to place it all.  I can't figure anything out.  I'm lucky to have as many supportive people around me as I do.  My sister has been unbelievably incredible, even for a sister.

Still, I can't shake the feeling that this is not going to end well for me.  Maybe returning to writing my experiences will help with exorcising some of these demons.  Probably not.  It's worth a shot, right?  I guess my New Year's resolution will be to try and write 1 post a week.  Or at least average 4 posts a month.  Yeah.  That sounds a bit more liberal. 

Let's hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment