Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ALL NEW BIRTHDAY - Now with less fanfare

Is it wrong for me to be a little depressed about the lack of fanfare for my birthday?

I know I'm 28 and enough already, but I'm just not used to it. My family always made a big deal about my birthday and this is really the first time that no one around me really cares. Don't get me wrong, Anita's best friend had a little dinner thing at her house last night and had me over and it was delicious (as usual), but it felt like more of a get together as opposed to any sort of celebration.

Am I getting too old? Is this it? It's happened? The return of Saturn marks the time that I officially stop looking forward to birthdays?

Lucky for me, I'm creating my own psuedo-fanfare. Tomorrow, I'm taking a half day from work and then taking the rest of the week off to just chill out and do whatever I want. My mom is coming up tomorrow and we're going to spend the rest of the week hanging out. I guess I'll make a little of my own fanfare.

Blech. I shouldn't feel this crappy headed into my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment