Monday, January 26, 2009

Something I enjoyed writing for Facebook. Being the Facebook whore that I am.

1. I can no longer taste the Jack Daniels in my Jack and Coke, so bring it on. Some call that a problem; I call it a gift.

2. I love taking things apart to see how they work. Even picking people apart to see how they work. I'm not always so good at putting things back together. Holy crap.. I'm Sylar!

3. I give nicknames to the people most important to me. It's a Bengali thing. Most of my closest friends have some sort of nickname or another. It makes people more personal to me. I have a personal stake in this person. Does that make me weird?

4. From time to time, I will call my friend Steve, get his voicemail, start a legitimate message, and then abruptly cut myself off screaming COCK! like some dumb teenager. I then giggle to myself in shameless pride for at least 2 minutes. I'm 28 years old.

5. I donate money to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society every time they send me a flier because I was once tested for Leukemia and had to sit in the waiting room of the oncology department in a room full of sick children that were emaciated and mangled beyond anything you could imagine. I went home and cried.

6. I filed my taxes already. Bitches.

7. I have a really strong sense of empathy. In fact, if I'm watching a movie and a character is portrayed really well, I unconsciously mimic their facial expression I guess as a better way to feel what they are feeling. Anita makes fun of me for this all the time. So should you.

8. I like to pee with the door open. And outdoors. I guess I just like peeing. Did I mention I was 28 years old?

9. I love pictures. I love capturing moments. I have 5 years of pictures archived on our media server in the basement. I need a new hard drive.

10. If you've ever been important to me, I've probably never forgotten you and I probably think about you from time to time.

11. Hot dogs are my favorite food and have been for as long as I can remember. My mom tells stories of her and my godmother going for chili dogs after every sonogram during her pregnancy with me. I guess that's where I got it from. Hot dogs are delicious.

12. I used to play Magic. Yep. Magic. The Gathering. In fact, I used to play Magic with some of YOU. It's time we owned up to this sort of tomfoolery. Magic got replaced with fantasy sports. Much the chagrin of Anita.

13. I like making dips for parties. I have a spinach dip that my friend Mike gave me the recipe for (that I tinkered with) that people go crazy for at parties and that makes me happy.

14. One word that can make me happy no matter what. Karaoke.

15. Music is not a means to dancing to a beat or any kind of escape for me. It's a complete emotional experience. There are songs that give me goosebumps, songs that fill me with joy, and of course, songs that make me cry. If I could somehow make some sort of semi-meaningful life out of being a half assed musician, I would.

16. I miss India. I was making plans to go there in 2010, but that's not looking so good anymore. Maybe 2011? Hopefully.

17. The radio doesn't work in my car. The radio was stolen once and when the dirtbags took it, they broke the pin that comes from the antenna. If I had a radio, I would listen to Tirico and Van Pelt (aka Van Peezy) as much as possible on AM radio.

18. If I wasn't such a rabid Yankees fan, I'd be in love with Albert Pujols. Ok, let me stop lying. Even though I'm a rabid Yankees fan, I have a ridiculous baseball crush on Albert Pujols. What can't he do? Is there anything? Is he a man? Is he a God? Is he THE God? Will I ever have these answers?

19. Every time I visit my sister's house and I walk through the door, the second my niece lays her little brown eyes on me, she charges towards me at full speed expecting me to pick her up and hug her as hard as I can. It's the highlight of every trip.

20. Some people judge you if you have poor grammar, I judge you if you watch Fox News. These people are crazy to me. Seriously? Sean Hannity? Really? Bill O'Reilly? Listen, I know I'm a bleeding heart liberal... but come on. Sean Hannity? Can you really believe anything that guy says without laughing or being scared? Say it ain't so, Dennis Miller. Say it Ain't So.

Ps - I watch Fox News all the time. I think these people are hilarious. The fact that they're popular scares me.

21. I regularly request niggermania.net because I think these people are fascinating. I think some of the stuff they wrote leading up to the election and the inauguration was down right comical especially if you consider the fact that they're not joking. These people are serious.. I imagine big white guys with shaved heads or close cropped hair with lots of tattoos sitting at their computers typing things like "MSM" and "LOL" and "IMO". That amuses me.

22. I love baked goods. And it shows.

23. I used to be pretty awful with managing my money, but now am actually getting pretty good at it. Thank you Quicken!

24. I plan on trying to move back to NJ in 5 years. I love the life I've built here in PA, but let's face it, I'm a Jersey boy. I need to eat at diners and order "taylor ham" egg and cheese . I need to go to the movies and see at least 3 Hindi movies playing. I need to get on a highway and have to make a jughandle. I need a mall every 12 feet. Mostly, I need to be able to go to the city on a whim. Instead of having to plan it.

25. In case you couldn't tell, I tend to ramble. Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment