Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Take it easy, Tiger

So, I've been wondering for a really long time as to why I know longer derive as much  joy as I used to when I was younger. And I think I just found out why.

I'm sitting on a train headed towards Newark to watch the Devils play the Blues and to pass the time, I was reading an ebook I had gotten for my wife. It is the Mindy Kaling book and after reading a few pages, I finally realized my problem. I have been taking myself way too fucking seriously. Holy shit! Ever since I got sick, I've been so lost in my own head and trying to make every word count, I forgot that not everything has to be some huge revelation or some catharsis for some crime committed against me from 20 years ago. I can't believe I've been so stuck up that I don't think mundane topics are worth blogging about. Who the hell am I? No one cares that I write here and my only audience really is my wife and a couple of friends. Take it easy, Paulash. You are not and have never been this serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment